Mike Philbin - Introversions & Dichotomies - first art sale of the year


It was my first exhibition of works in this recent abstract style, chosen to exhibit in this year's Oxford Arts Society Exhibition. As the show finishes today, I was planning to go pick up the painting(s) from the gallery this evening.

Earlier today, I recieved a phone call from Lucy Stopford telling me I don't need to go collect. The buyer wanted to know 'how much space' should there be between each painting. I said NONE, let them kiss - like the image of the two canvases, above.

A cheque's on its way, and surely this bodes well for my forthcoming December-January show at Blackwell's bookshop cafespace here in Oxford through Xmas 2017 where there will be a lot more of these kinds of things to choose from.

Comments